Thursday 16 February 2012

Fashion Round Up! Exciting Week!

Hey Guys,

So this week has been a bit mad and its not over yet but I have been dying to post and the opportunity presented itself.

Firstly it has been all kicking off in the world of awards with some of the most prestigious being dished out and nominations received. Sunday night was the night when it all kicked off with film stars flying to my lovely city and our own London girl Adele flew to America to kill it at the 54th Grammy's.

The BAFTA's presented an opportunity for a group of the best actors, actresses, directors and behind the scenes teams to gather in London and win golden masks, and they didn't need telling twice! The Artist swept the board with 7 awards and for a good reason as it has made the wider world wake up to the beauty of classic old films and inspired a love of the flapper dresses.

Also the British film Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy did really well. The co-writer, Peter Straughanon picking up the Best Adapted Screenplay made me laugh when he said "Thanks for The Artist for not being adapted from a book" Staring a hugely fabulous cast such as Benedict Cumberbatch and Gary Oldman which has made me want to stick on my trench coat and go spy on fashion (wait I do that already oops!)  There was also a very good feeling in the Royal Opera House as Brad Pitt attended with the lovely Angelina Jolie and also a fetching George Clooney showed up too.

Secondly and also on Saturday but across the pond, the music industry gathered to celebrate the 54th Grammys and  the dazzling occasion was tainted with sadness as the industry reeled with the death of the great Whitney Houston just 24 hours before. Despite the sadness the show was to go on and Adele, London's finest was showered with six out of six awards and performed for the first time since a throat operation that threatened her career but I never had any doubt about her recovering and storming it when she did. And she did. 

Finally, Green with Envy moment. Blake Lively receiving the entire Louboutin Spring collection from the shoe designer as a gift for his favourite muse. Everyone can be jealous now I think.

Onwards and upwards!

Whitney Houston R.I.P the world will always love you.

Luv,

LDN Teenage Fashionista xox

4 comments:

  1. Love you blog. super cute and full of great inspo!
    http://samanthainred.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I didn't know Blake Lively got this whole season's collection from Louboutin! Amazing and yes I wish I were his muse!! I shall start sending him e-mails of my feet, lol j/k

    http://preponderance-of-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and a shoe named after her - that girl is just too lucky *green with jealousy* - I think lots of girls try that lol!

      Thank you for the comment!

      xx♥

      Delete