Wednesday 8 October 2014

From McDonalds to Barbie... a Moschino Evolution

Hey all,

So I have had my instagram and twitter glue to all of the fashion week shows and I will have a post on the Chanel show soon but first I wanted to talk about Moschino.

I have been a fan of their quirkiness for a long time, and my favourite colour is pink, so naturally the Barbie themed S/S '15 show caught my eye. 

I loved the idea of the show. Models all over the fashion catwalks are dressed up and moulded into the looks of the designers dreams; so it seems logical that the ultimate dress up doll Barbie, would be what the models were turned into. It seemed surreal yet so perfect.

And my was it done well. There was no doubt who the models were, and the clothes bought the girly nature of Barbie to high fashion, a refreshing break from the ultra-masculine, sometimes even vampish dark looks that high fashion has been known to love. 

They new line has gone down very well, with net-a-porter selling out of some of the piece only a few hours after the show. I guess the high street will go a fab shade of pink next spring/summer! 

And finally, I loved the irony of Moschino. I aluded to the Mc Donald's themed collection which I loved, as fast food seems like the antithesis to high fashion where the models are always ultra thin and with the Barbie collection, it seems to have gone the other way, as some see models anyway as the embodiments of the iconic dolls. 

I therefore ask where will Jeremy Scott take it next? Salad-chic? Smurf-style? Personally, I can't wait because I know it will be done to the best and in the most stylish way possible. 

Lots of luv,
LDN Teenage Fashionista xx♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment