Wednesday 22 October 2014

From Catwalk to Campaigning...Chanel S/S '15

Hey all,

If you read my personal blog Dear Aphrodite, then you would see I wrote about how I am an acivist volunteer for Amnesty International and you'll see in the tags for this blog that I am a huge Chanel fan. It stands, therefore, that when I saw the recent Chanel show was a hybrid between fashion and activism, it safe to say I had to check it out. 

Although I loved the idea, ultimately I feel let down that the campaigning wasn't genuine. When I saw the signs were "Tweed is Better than Tweet", I did fell a bit like "Say What?". However with a further look I guess there was feminist/girl power undertones in the signage, which is a very current cause with the HeForShe campaign being launched recently at the UN. I guess it just wasn't what I was expecting from the initial headlines. 

For all the showmanship any fashionista would expect from Chanel, the "Boulevard Chanel" was no let down. The tonnes of looks varied from bright splashes of colour and tweed to very work-able colour and style of the suit-wear, meant that which completed the show became a complete wardrobe. I also really loved the gold sandals - but regular readers of this blog know that I love them.

I have linked below where you can view the looks from the runway, including the final walk with Mr Lagerfield leading his campaign catwalk down the road - but will this lead to a new dawn in the relationship between cause and clothes? I honestly am interested to see where this leads!

- Chanel News coverage: chanel-news.chanel.com
- Full coverage (including backstage pics): vogue.co.uk

Anyway, it's back to beauty and I am going to a very awesome awards evening soon so I will try a look out and post it for you all,

If there is anything you want to see let me know,

Lots of luv,
LDN Teenage Fashionista xx♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment