Tuesday 17 July 2012

Olympic fiery fashions!

Hello readers,

So I am in London and the Olympics are 10 days away but the olympic hype has been increasing steadily for the last 7 years and now here it is.

So there are two major fashion revelations that have stood out to me:

Firstly, the American Olympic uniforms have been designed, as I'm sure you're are aware, by the power house that is Ralph Lauren however while the games are a matter of weeks away there is a political argument breaking out about the styling - some politicians are unhappy about the fact that the outfits were made in China - even though most things are nowadays and also there are comments that the team look like the French because of the beret and the lack of specific American flag display and it's position on the jacket.

All in all, I think the team look great and very smart but I understand the lack of the flag and how disappointing it must be but apparently they have been planning this since 2008 so it's a bit late to be launching a political argument on something that doesn't really matter at this late stage, the athletes will arrive and take part in a spectacle like no other and hopefully win medals for the country.


Secondly, the British Olympic team have had their uniforms designed by Stella McCartney and we had similar disapproval about the lack of red on the clothing (it seems like there will be a lot of countries looking similar as there are 5 colours that appear on all the flags) but I again have to say that I think they look sophisticated and I'm just glad that they are practical and not PJ style pants like the designers Spring 2012 collection. I would love to know your opinions on all of the Olympic outfits and their designers so please get in touch/comment below.


So overall although my city will be gridlocked for the next month during the games, I will be watching and hoping for some good Team GB wins but all who participate should be really proud because simply being able to is a huge achievement in itself and the games in my opinion are a way for the whole world to gather around and watch such a wide range of sport that there is something for everyone and at the same time hopefully promote world cohesion.

Speak soon guys,

Luv,
LDN Teenage Fashionista xx

No comments:

Post a Comment