Sunday 8 July 2012

Summertime!


Hey guys,

This has been a mad time but I am now heading down a nice path of summertime before I have to hit the books in September and so I will use this endless time to my advantage and will blog more often and hopefully be able to bring some interesting words to the internet jungle.

I have decided that I will create a new series of posts on the great designers and muses of our time and will use that as the bases for 2 posts a week, along with intermittent musings on what I observe as London spring develops into summer.

Firstly, Ascot landed in Britain and as did the hats, apparently there were fashion police checking skirt length and that men were wearing hats and ties but somehow they let some of the most extravagant hats walk (I'm guessing sidewards) through the barriers into the paddock. Some of the best included a London 2012 torch hat and a double stacked bird cage - take a Google of them if you don't believe me. I just don't understand why the ladies do it, surely a pretty standard hat that matches your outfit would make you feel more glamorous. Maybe a touch of sparkle but a birdcage really?! What are you showing to the world?

Secondly, A number of festivals have hit the UK and my observations suggest that Hunter Wellies and hot-pant shorts, coupled with a band appropriate tie tee shirt are the outfit of choice for the girls. Funny are the white converse brigade who don't grasp field + rain = mud. Hope the weather gets better for the later ones such as V or mud will be the theme instead of great music.

Finally, I love shopping but I hate taking things back. My most recent shopping spree (yesterday) although left me with some things, I also have 3 things that need taking back and maybe if they put air-conditioning into changing rooms and they didn't have such long queues I wouldn't of bought them at all. Saving me the extra trip. Hmm.

Anyway as that concludes my updated musings, goodbye until the next time,

Love (as always),

LDN Teenage Fashionista xx♥

No comments:

Post a Comment