Sunday 28 April 2013

Print will never die...

Hey guys,

Some say that print is a dying medium and with e-books and gadgets, there will be no point in carrying around heavy books. However in fashion we are slightly different, yes magazines produce E versions however I love to buy the magazine myself, having it on my phone just doesn't seem the same.

My room is groaning from fashion magazines and I genuinely believe the artistry that goes into a magazine deserves someone to pick it up and treasure it, every shoot is a jewel. I also have a huge amount of books that inspire my fashion sense in a conventional and non-conventional way.

My collection of books about fashion directly is pictured below and there is a wide range of themes:


Firstly, I have two books on one of my idols Miss Marilyn Monroe and her influence on fashion. Marilyn was very good at dressing her figure and one of the books focuses on her relationship with William Travilla who custom made some of her most iconic dresses - both are particularly interesting and contain some very stunning and inspiring images. (details: Dressing Marilyn, Marilyn in Fashion)

I also have three style guides; one 'The Bombshell Manual of Style' which is a very fun guide I borrowed from my mums library and is just a laugh, the second is 'How To Dress For Success' which I bought on my return to the V&A at the start of this year and it is very helpful in organising the smart style that every woman needs to master, finally is Lauren Conrad's 'Style' which is my go to book for the wardrobe organisation and what to put with what - it's also very helpful for beauty which most how to books do but this one is particular good with the drawings represent the face with the make up on that look realistic and easy to do. (details: The Bombshell Manual of Style, How To Dress For Success, Style)  

As well as these I have a number of fun books such as the 'American Fashion Cookbook' which has designers favourite foods and some fun personal anecdotes; 'The Princess Diaries Guide to Life' which is a good book for anyone interested in being a princess, covering fashion to proper decorum in social settings such as dining and etiquette; 'Edie: Girl On Fire' is a book about the iconic Edie Sedgwick who was idolised by Andy Warhol with some stunning images and inspiration; my 'Little Dictionary of Fashion' by Christian Dior which I wrote about when I bought it, the book is so interesting as it offers a complete A-Z of everything you could ever need to wear; My Chanel Fine Jewellery Catalogue which is good if I want to be hypnotised by diamonds for a few hours and finally my two books written by Madonna about the 'English Roses' which have a beautiful illustrations and all the girls have a good style that I still love even now. (details: American Fashion Cookbook, Edie: Girl on Fire, The Princess Diaries Guide to Life, Little Dictionary of Fashion, English Roses - and Chanel catalogue you need to get in Chanel stores)

It's fair to say I have a lot of fashion books and I just bought another one, Vogue on Alexander McQueen and this books is beautifully written and I think it is one of the best books I have seen about him. When I finish reading it I will do a proper review. (details: Vogue on Alexander McQueen)


My main issue is that I have a very long queue of books (although I have read Frankenstein, Breakfast at Tiffany's and The Great Gatsby so far this year) but my plan is to spend all summer reading in the sun.

So I hope you enjoyed this new angle,
Message me your favourite books, I'm always looking for a new buy!

Luv,
LDN Teenage Fashionista xx♥

n.b. I have used Amazon for the details of these books as it lists ISBN and author clearly, but I bought these across a variety of stores, book shops are amazing and I have no affiliation with Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. So agreed, i love the feel of a real book!! Ran across your fab blog & am now following, follow me too if you wish:

    http://whosyourdowdy.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for a lovely comment!
      I love your blog too! I am following now ♥

      Keep in touch,
      Luv,

      LDN Teenage Fashionista xx♥

      Delete