Monday 22 February 2010

The little dictionary of fashion by Christian Dior: My bible

Hey guys,

I am not religious, but this little book I acquired while at the V&A Museum in London, has now become my Bible. Mr Dior wrote this book himself in 1954 and it is frankly amazing. The way he styles women is astonishing and in no way offensive or downgrading. In fact he almost lifts women up to their higher place as goddesses, instead of the lower class view of some people that put women down. He certainly wasn't one of the many who had those views and was an incredible designer of quality that simply not many could ever dream of... (apart from Coco Chanel but that's only my opinion)

In the book, it is a simple A-Z of all things women need to know on how to dress, right down to there cut and colour. I love his simplistic ideas and views, that would look so chic on anyone. For instance he says about Accessories:
"You must choose a colour that will match many clothes in your wardrobe. Unless you have a lot of money it is wiser to choose black, navy or brown for your accessories rather than a bright red or green. It is a question of care and taste."

He is an icon and I will treasure his book all my life! I hope you have been inspired because I assure you I have.

Love LDN TEENAGE FASHIONISTA xox

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read that! I might have to pick it up now, after seeing this. I love your layout, by the way, it was on my blog a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh i want to read that:O! I just LOVE your blog really! loved it a lot
    if you wanna check out mine www.spottedtoshare.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete