Monday 17 June 2013

Fashion in Film - Breakfast at Tiffany's...

Hey guys,

I have been planning this blog for a long time now and I have been thinking of ways to get my opinions on film and fashion into a reasonable post that do the films justice. So I have decided to a series this on 7 films that range from the old to the new, which have either changed or reflected fashion of the era they represent. 

Today's focus is the iconic Breakfast at Tiffany's. Based on the book of the same name by Truman Capote, both it and the film exude glamour and panache, however it was the film and Miss Audrey Hepburn which made a fashion statement. 

Audrey, as Miss Holly Golightly created an iconic look that defined an era. The little black dress, strings of pearls, dark glasses and the wide-brimmed hat became a style of its own. Jewels of Tiffany's were desirable beyond compare and everyone wanted to wear silk gloves and clutch a cigarette holder just to emulate one of the most desired look of the sixties.

The reason that I picked this film as the first one on my fashion in film series is because the style keeps re-entering the fashion scene and the workings of the genius' at the costume department under Mr Givenchy not only made an icon of Audrey, but made iconic fashion out of Capote's words.

So lets all cheer for an iconic fashion film, next one coming tomorrow!
Luv as always,
LDN Teenage Fashionista xx♥

2 comments:

  1. Just found this blog. excellent article. how long have you been writing? this is good writing. are you a journalist aswell? anyway, thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      Thank you for the lovely comment. I have been writing since 2010 but I am not a journalist, I hope to be a barrister one day but at the moment I am at college.

      Hope you are well,
      LDN Teenage Fashionista xx♥

      Delete