Sunday 30 June 2013

The Difficult Journey of Love: The Final Poem...

Hey guys,

So this is it. The final chapter of my poetry story "The Difficult Journey of Love", so I have been lucky enough to get to share this with you over a number of weeks and this is the culmination of it.

In this poem, simply titled "..." the couple meet in a park to talk things through after a long emotional ride, the man is once again single but the woman is still with her boyfriend who has the same name as the man, but the man has one last shot so here is:

"..."
 
You once needed me to be true to you,
I thought I was doing the best could do,
I admit that marrying someone else was rash,
When all said and done,
It was gone in a flash.
 
You give me this meeting,
Five minutes that's all -
Before you have to answer that call.
Your new one he loves you,
Yet he has my name -
The games that you play are always the same.
 
I ended it with her,
Please don't cry,
Just tell me your feelings,
And don't ever lie.
 
You tell me you love me,
You always have,
But was worried I'd cheat,
And act like a cad.
 
But when you watched
As I gave her my vow,
You knew I had changed -
And you felt like a cow.
 
Because you wanted to -
Put yourself into her place,
But you gave up that right,
So fled with grace.
 
This day on a park bench,
Surrounded by tress,
You pulled out a ring,
And got down on one knee.
 
You looked up to me,
With a tear in your eye,
Oh how I hate to see you cry,
"These are tears of joy"
You delight as you say,
"I'll love you forever, marry me today"
"I'll be loyal and faithful"
I answer in reply,
"Our history is being written -
And our stars in the sky"
 
I hope you enjoyed it, it felt natural to write,
 
Luv,
 
LDN Teenage Fashionista xx♥




No comments:

Post a Comment